Help ID speakers and suggestions?

WyoKlipscher

• 2 weeks later...

Received the KV-3 today and Jeff's Pioneer. Well packaged, Jeff! I had to take it out and just look at it. It looks pretty slick, studly even. I can't wait. I called the electrician today to come out and start wiring my addition, now that I know what'll be in there. In a few months, when complete enough, I will post my theater room pics. I plan to put in plenty of outlets, LED cans, LED strip lights that sync to music and controlled by smart phone, conduit for wiring upgrades later, overhead projector.

If anyone has any advice on theater room, I'm all ears. It's a bonus room over garage under a 10/12 roof. I've got to think about sound proofing, too.

Thank you, again, for helping me put this together. My system won't touch many of the ones I'm seeing on the forum but it's light years ahead of what I thought I'd be able to do.

• 9 months later...

My 2 cents: I have had an SW10 since new in '94 and loved it as a companion to my Quartets (the unappreciated little brother of the Chorus-Forte trio).  So much so I bought a used one for the other side, perfect for music listening, at least for me.  Looked for a long time (? 4 years ago?) they ran $100-150 if working OK, but some seem to develop a mysterious nasty rattle.  My used one did.  Yesterday I think I fixed it, time will tell.  Look for my fix post elsewhere, you very well may need it in the future. 

Couldn't find one in Oak Oil as my others are (I did re-rub those with a reddish stain to come very close to my teak furniture).  It was that crappy black.  I used two applications of stain stripper, then blended stains I had in the garage, came DAMN close to my other speakers.  If you paid so little...WTF?

My system is set up now, but not complete enough for pics.  Been watching movies and playing xbox with it.  The sound is thrilling, though I can see how a 7.1 would be better but, man, I'm already feeling spoiled. 

Good idea to refinish.  My center speaker is black and I should re-finish to match the others - oak.  Some day.  I appreciate your telling me about the rattle.  If I ever get that now, I know where to turn. 

Paid so little because the thrift store knew nothing about speakers.  It was my lucky day, for sure.  Very lucky.