Paradigm Titans and Promedia's rule!

wow, 200 just for a pair of Titans? Well, the reviews I've read about them are fairly impressive, but that price isn't exactly the most attractive thing. For an alternate solution, look to the speakers I got for my HT/computer setup, the Acoustic Research 206ho's. A pair only costs 74.99 (they're discontinued), and they can beat the holy hell outta ANY multimedia speaker out there (and probably give those Titans a run for their money too). They have a 6" driver, and a .75" tweeter. I demo'd the v.2-400's for about 30 mins in an audio booth, and in a diect comparison, they sound a lot more tinny, they have less life to them (just how they feel), and they can't go 1/2 as loud as these babies.

To get the 206ho's, if you're interested, check egghead.com.

Oh, and to Billie Jean, check out these 206ho's before you go for the Quintet speakers. I also demo'd the Quintets, and while they could go louder, and stay clearer than the Pro's sats, they're still no match for the 206ho's.

Viv is right. I don't want to sound like a jerk because that's not my intention but the quintets won't be that much of an upgrade. You're still stuck with the smaller drivers and just a little better sound. Those acoustic research speakers would sound better then the quintets + they're cheaper. If you could find cheap nht superzero's, jbl n24's or paradigm micro's those would be great too. Klipsch makes THE BEST computer speakers but it's not hard to find better home speakers.

Well, Musically there are speakers that are better than Klipsch, but not when it comes to home theater. I've tried a lot of other brands like Polk, Infinity, JBL, Bose, BIC, AR, NHT, and Cerwin Vega. The only brands I'd even consider of those brands anymore are Polk and NHT. NHT is my favorite, but they are too expensive otherwise I'd have a pair of superseros right now. Those are beautiful small speakers. I figured the Quintets would be good SMALL replacments for my pro sats, but right now I'm thinking of not keeping my pro's. I think I'd be better off just going back to a dolby digital receiver. It'd probably be less of a hassle, but it would take up a lot more room.

Billie Jean, where could I get a pair of just quintets? I mean, I'm not getting them, but I thought that they only came in the four quintet/subwoofer setup that Klipsch has for $800. But I guess I am wrong, so...

*zen

------------------

soon-to-have system for oc'ing: Duron 700 MHz, Alpha PAL6035 with Delta Black label fan, Abit KT7 mobo, Crucial 128MB PC133, some old 5GB 5400RPM drive, Diamond Monster Fusion 16MB Voodoo Banshee, Creative SB Live! 5.1 X-Gamer, Creative 36x CDROM, Sony Spressa 8x/4x/32x Re-Writable, SMC 10/100 NIC, 300W PSU, Klipsch ProMedia 4.1, Windows 98SE