How to remove the drivers from KV3 Center

jimjimbo

I need to replace one of the drivers in a KV3 center, and upon first glance, it looked pretty easy, but there seems to be a type of metal frame around the driver mounted in the baffle, and it is very solidly in place....I have no idea how to get it out...any suggestions? Thanks. Jim

if you mean the woofers themselves, they just come right out after removing the 4 screws. they may be a litle stuck from time so maybe carefully try a small flat blade screwdriver to pry a little & break the seal free or tip them forward/upside down a bit to let gravity help. nothing else holding them in though.

mine were the same way, i understand the damage concern. but if you are carefull you can apply even prying pressure & you wont damage the woofer frame, its pretty strong metal, but be carefull with wood enclosure. tip it forward some & gently work the screwdriver or butter knife around the edge of the woofer frame it will come out, there is no glue or anything else hoding it. or maybe try a plastic putty knife or old credit card so its softer on the enclosure.

or.. you could also try removing the tweeter first & then reaching your finger in & push on the backside of the woofer frame to push it out. just make sure you push or pry on the metal frame of the woofer, it is one piece. reading your fist message it sounded like you might have thought it was 2 piece or the metal wasnt part of the woofer. "but there seems to be a type of metal frame around the driver"

it will come out.