Peach preamp

musiclover55

I have a Peach preamp where the plastic around the RCA jacks have broken and getting more loose and is getting worse. The worst is the jack for amp power in. Anyone else had this problem. Where can I get this fixed? I/m not very good at soldering. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. David Hammer.

David, if i'm understanding what you are describing, you have a Peach preamp by Juicy Music Audio, right?

The RCA jacks are located on the PCB circuit board and the connections can be sort of fragile. I've heard of other people relocating these jacks to mount in a more sturdy fashion. Don't know if reattaching them to the PCB is a feasible option. There are some good folks on the forum you could send this unit to for repair. NOSvalves.com is one of those folks. Also, mdeneen is the original designer and builder of the juicy music audio gear. He is also on the forum. I do not think he is currently doing any work like that, but could advise on a good solution.

Great preamp BTW. Have owned a couple of JM preamps and think they are top notch!

We enjoyed the Peach immensely when it was here years ago on it's introductory road tour. I also found the input and output jacks slightly less robust than I would have liked, but certainly understand the importance of design choices.

Performance-wise, it was a hard act to follow, and has been a very influential circuit. My wife once asked, "why can't the preamps you make look that nice!." She is used to the old cake tin or Bud box approach I took with DIY preamps and amplifiers -- and my bold statements about the paramount importance of circuit design over aesthetics! ;)

Edited by erik2A3