Integra DPS 10.5

eth2

I currently own one and am using it with my Integra DTM-40.4 stereo receiver driving a pair of Heresys. I play SACD's(2-channel) on it as well as use it as a digital transport for CD playback. As good as the onboard stereo DACs were for 2004, the DACs in the 2012 DTM-40.4 seem to give me a fuller sound as well as better imaging than the stereo DACs in the DPS-10.5. Speaking of using it as a CD transport only, this beast(26+ lbs) has got to be the smoothest operating machine I have ever heard or own. I also used the 10.5 with a Cambridge Audio Dacmagic and the DTM-40.4 for a while, and it squeezed out even a little more detail.

By the way, my current 10.5 is one of two I have owned and also enjoyed the Onkyo equivalent DV-SP1000 for over three years. Both were sold to forum members. As a matter of fact, give forum member Dennie a shout and get his take on the 10.5.

Bill

The one I found on Ebay is $550. How does that sound?

Is it from a guy in St. Pete, Florida? If so, that is who I bought my last one from that I sold to Dennie. I offered him $525.00 shipped because I was only 95 miles away. Mine arrived in perfect condition with all contents mentioned in ad. Yes $550.00 is a good price.

Bill

That's great.

I have been watching that ad for a little while and considered pulling the trigger again on a DPS-10.5, then I came to my senses that I really don't have the extra $$$ to spend until I liquidate some gear first.

Good luck. Make sure he packs it well, it's pretty heavy.

Bill