DCI (Drum Corps International) Contest

tpg

I wil tell you first off that I am a marching band fanatic almost. But not all the way. I really love the music, and it is very challenging to play accurately with good sound while marching at 100 beats per minute. With that said, I shal continue. Smile.gif

DCI is an organization for marchers of ages 11-20. But these are the best marchers in the U.S. They can play so loud it is absolutely amazing. If a DCI event is ever near you, go. tickets are $10 if paid for in advance and $15 at the gate. Really a SMALL price to pay to see this. Anyone who knows anything about marching would be amazed at this. If you couldn't guess, I just got back from a contest last night.

I must say, there were some very good bands. And then there were the Cadets. After their performance everyone agreed, hands down, they won. They had a show of American patriotic music including Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B which was phenominal. The presence of this band on the field was not repeated for the rest of the night. Multiple times during their 12 minute show the entire crowd was on their feet! Including me.... Smile.gif which most of my friends could tell you rarely happens.

And then, of course, they won so they got to do another presentation of it. This time they didn't march. Oh no. They made an arc right at the base of the stadium and played right at us. The volume!!! It is like a concert although 1000 times better! And they had improvs off the wall! These guys can p,ay higher on the trumpet than anyone I know. Justin, I am sorry they have you and I beat by a few octaves.... Wink.gif

Anyway, GO SEE THEM!! Or get a CD of them. My friends and I liked the performance so much we all bought the CD. The CD is great, but it in NO way compares to seeing it live. I think I will go play my trumpet now...

------------------

icon98.gif Have a ProMedia sound problem? Visit SoundWise for help.

Still have PM sound probs? Email Amy or call at 1-888-554-5665. icon97.gif

s>

my brother is in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M.

You REALLY need to check out an Aggie game to see the Fight'n Texas Aggie Marching Band, i don't htink they have ever lost a marching contest, i could be wrong, but i don't think so, at least not lately Smile.gif.

I tell you, the marching they do is astounding. They go to all the Aggie away football games, maybe they will be near you some time. The ticket price is worth just seeing the band.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

quote:

Originally posted by trespasser_guy:

What does your brother play? We went to the Cadet's seminar before the actual contest. I might have seen him.

oh, he does not play, he used to though, Tenor, Barry, Saprano saxaphone. he does not play in the Aggie Band though. But he is in the Corp Of Cadets, Airforce, so he is a part of it. And when you DO see the Aggie band, bet you $200 you can not tell who is who haha, they all wear the same uniform and move so much, and there are so many! LoL.... like an army of band playersSmile.gif it is a great sight to see, and a great even to hear.

you can buy their cd's also Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>