Ohm Specs adn a little crossover problem

theone

I have some plans in mind and want to build two speakers to serve as mains in my upcoming HT. However, these speakers are 6 ohms each, as well as the tweeter is 6.5 ohms. I planned to use tree drivers, one as a rear-firing passive radiator a the other two sharing the midbass/midrange freequencies. And then a tweter on top.

So, if I do 6ohm+6ohm+6ohm+6.5ohm, what do I get?! Do I add them? Half them? What?

Also, these speakers have their own frequency responses, but they don't have their own crossovers. Do I need to nclude a crossover so that they may work well and sound good? Or will their frequency response take over this?

Your best bet for answering these questions (and the ones that will follow once these are answered) is to get the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickason. It's available from Parts Express (www.partsexpress.com). It will step you through the whole speaker and crossover design process. The book is very good, pretty easy to understand and is a great introduction to a fun hobby. Good luck.

So, can you mix series and parallel? Can I run the two woofers in series (12 ohm) and add a tweeter in paralell somehow? I have actually narrowed it down. I re-thought my design and have decided to go with 2 woofers and a tweeter now. They are 6 ohm and 8 ohm now. How will this change it?