bumpin up the bass

gary p

Picked up some kg5.5s today. Put them side by side with my chorus 2s. Running off my marantz pm8004. Blend nice. Tons of bass at low levels, midrange sweet, highs are great. See 2 way and 3 way can live together in peace. The sickness continues.

Nice to know they blend well with the Chorus. I have yet to hear they Chorus but I have heard the KG 5.5s. I bought the KG 5.5s for my son a couple of months ago and was totally impressed with how they sounded especially when hooked up to the tube amp.

Gonna listen to them for a while then upgrade them because it really helped my chorus 2s. No matter how good they sound, there's always something that makes me think I can get more out of them. I'm sure I'm not alone.

One huge thing iv noticed in 2 channel setups with chorus ii's darn near anything sounds good with them.....I have litterally tried at least 20 different kg, heresys, even tangents with them...they blend very well and share the stage in a supreme nature...even with a kg.5, kg2 look great on top of them then heresys atop then with many klipsch floorstanders as well they just blend end and help build what i like calling a klipschwall(multiple klipsch used in home)...

One big plus is a cornwall on top of and 18"sub behind the chorus and kg 5.5...just a large marvelous sound....right now i just do an 18 behind a chorus ii.... very fun indeed testing and pissing off the whole neighborhood lol

I will never part with my chorus 2s. Even if I move up the chain. There will always be room for them. Definitely my favorites.adding the kgs just gave me more bass when listening at lower levels. You have to drive the chorus to get that 15in woofer going, plus the bass is a little tighter on the kgs.

I understand altogether...I will use my chorus ii as well likely to the end...My belles are too big for my room. Belles also need different treatment in my room than the chorus ii. I would likely stay with cornwalls over my belles if i had to...several reasons and long explanation although bottom line im a direct radiating low end preferred klipsch person. cheers

• Like 1