Please Help - Projector setup question????

j-malotky

Hi

I have a question about screen distance between projector and screen, since this is my first projector setup.

The projector I am considering (Infocus LP530) has a chart showing min / max screen size in relation to projection distance.

Here is the data:

At 16' the min is 9.4' and the max is 11.5'

At 20' the min is 11.8' max is 14.4 feet.

The 16:9 screen I am considering size is 65"H x 116"W diag of 133" just slighly larger than 11'

It appears to me that 16' is approx the best distance for my screen, but here is my question. Since I am calculating a wide screen format, how does this relate to a standard 4:3 TV image. Does it also have the min / max size and if so, will that be too large vertically if I am at a 16' throw?

Or are projectors kind of like modern computer monitors where it remembers your different vidio settings that you can adjust?

Thanks for your input.

JM

have you gone to www.avsforum.com and asked your question? There are tons of poeple there that should be able to help you out if you can't get an answer here.cwm1.gif

I am in the same boat..... Well, will be. I don't have my projector yet but will be getting one in less than a year. I have lots of time to figure all this out. However, at the same time, I need to know this sooner than later because depending on the these same types of issues, will depend on how I setup my room.

Oh and I have a question. Did you know that they have a dedicated Home Theater projector? Its the ScreenPlay

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 07-20-2002 at 01:03 AM

Ya tell me about it, there is almost too much info there.

Whats worse, my neighbor works at InFocus... He writes drivers for thier projectors. Get this... He doesn't know answers to my questions... Doh!

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

OK - So I spent a good part of Saturday on AVS Forum reading tons of Articles..... About 4:3 vs 16:9 screens line resolution, aspect ratios, contrast ratios etc. etc.

Since I am putting in a 16:9 screen, my main problem was filling it with a 4:3 aspect ratio projector. My conclusion was to change projectors and go with the Sharp PG-M20X which does both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio. Is getting good reviews from people at avsforum.

The Infocus Screenplay 110 that Moon pointed out also does both ratios and looks like a great projector, but I could not find any resellers online and I need to buy one now...since I am moving into my new house this week.

BTW - The Sharp PG-M20X is selling on AV Mall for under $2800. http://www.avmall.com/kore/catalog/Projectors/Manufacturers/Sharp/8T71GS3D6E2VZDTMDTLZ/product.html

Can't wait till this all goes together.

JM

-J-

I think that Hitachi licenses the 110 projector also. InFocus lets Hitachi package it, and sell it under the Hitachi name. I don't remember what Hitachi calls it though... You may want to check that out also before going to a different brand...cwm1.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>