KG5.2 set-up

theryugo

How's my thinking on this---

I'm building a new home, and I'm putting in good speaker cables for my KG5.2s and ceiling speakers in the same room, and also for outdoor speakers in the back of the house. I want to run the outside and ceiling speakers off a Yamaha RX770 receiver(2x85 watts) and get an ADCOM, NAD, or B&K power amp for the KG5.2s---probably 100 watts. The Yamaha has pre-out/main-in jacks for the power amp, so it would serve as the preamp. I'm a cheap audiophile, but I want it to sound great---- Will this work? Any suggestions for the amp, because that's what I need to buy--

Will you be able to separate the control of the two systems with the Yamaha? That is the real question.

If you can play the KG's without having to also listen to the other speakers being driven, then it will work.

Whether this works or not will involve the operating specifics of the Yahamha.

A B&K would be the best match for the KG's.

This message has been edited by deang on 07-21-2002 at 10:03 AM

I compared alot of amps at a local stereo place here in Tampa--Sound Advice, and I thought B&K sounded great with the Klipsches they had--

Would 100 watts be enough? Or the 140 watt?

The Yamaha enables me to turn off both speakers with the A/B speaker switch, and it does have "Direct" which bypasses most circuitry for a cleaner sound. I don't know if that's propaganda or not--I don't hear much difference when I've got the KGs hooked up to it--

Would a B&K preamp make a huge difference? or another brand preamp?

100 watts is plenty unless your room is the size of the Raymond James or the Tropicana Feilds. Don't forget that KLIPSCH are quite efficient and for the B&K related stuff you might what to shoot Boa12 a line he's familiar with B&K.

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J