ProMedia Ultra 5.1

BioZ

Hello, I've just been gifted a ProMedia Ultra 5.1 system, and I have questions:

Is this system only to be connected to a PC with sound card? Was it intended to be a desktop-based sound system, or could it be used in some other way? Could it run from an iPad, iPhone or iMac? I see that the speakers are 4 Ohm; could they be used separately from the control unit?

I am a newbie to home theater/surround systems, having happily existed for some time on NAD and PSB products from the last century. Enlighten me, please. (Photo of system below, courtesy Klipsch Web site)

1af5bf82c832120895da4434047a033f_6350421

the promedia stuff is great when it works. The amp that is located in the sub tends to go at one point which is disappointing. I had the GMX series and the tweeters always made a hiss noise and then the amp went. The promedia you have is a better product than the GMX was and as far as computer products go, the klipsch stuff has a good well rounded sound. It's sad to say that if it had been my first klipsch product, i am not sure i would have bought more klipsch.

I wouldn't ever try to connect the speakers to a separate amp, itll work but you'll need a sub and some kind of crossover so you don't blow the speakers. I wound up going with a pair of Klipsch ICON W WB-14's an HSU sub and an Emotiva Mini X amplifier for my computer setup and its fantastic.

We are a wealth of knowledge as a forum so please please please chime in with your questions. Most of us enjoy helping out fellow members and the forum is extremely active.

Welcome to the disease, it spreads quickly and will drain your wallet!

For what it's worth, I've been using my Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 satellites with a Denon receiver for a few years now. Threw them up on some speaker stands and wired them up like any other speaker. Audyssey for calibrations worked just fine as well.

• 2 weeks later...