Starting Over-Help Needed

wldrns1

Thanks to all for advise and recommendations. I could not begin or proceed on this project without the help here. My beginning Post explains my situation. That background would be helpful.

So Far:

The HSM's stay. Also see BEC's 2 channel post 'Slant Monitor'. Cornwall's would be a big improvement but no room and potential spouse war. She fine with what I'm doing right now but doesn't grasp why nor do I try to educate. That's best. When done she'll say 'That sounds pretty good!' but won't know how that came to be. Probably will think it's 'something' I did. OK.

The HSM's need and can be freshened up. Besides, the enclosure design is not seen often. An added plus is people asking 'Why do you have them up-side-down?'. All good and fun. No problem with subs either. They help enough and are small enough. 

Have 2 power units. Scotts 299 and Pioneer 626. Over time, both will be gone thru by people recommended on this forum. Using 626 now and sending out 299 now.

Looking for a tuner to use with the 299 that handles HD due to local PBS has 2 genre's of 24 hr programming. I hear FM is 'a thing of the past' as is 2 channel but I don't care. We'll see how it goes. Would be nice if new tuner could do streaming too. Maybe some kind of box that works with what I already have? Not up on any of this so learning. So far no reply elsewhere, but is tuner quality today better than vintage assuming both stereo?

Thx,

Joe

Edited by wldrns1