4.1 pros and distortion max volume

DaveM

Hello, I've been having trouble with my promedias (hope there not bad because i don't think under warranty anymore).

Anyways when I max volume them like on metallica and megadeth and other rock and 80's rock music they distort. Thing is I set my creative mixer on my audigy card to 75 volume , then 50 everything else and it distorts. I heard these where the recommended settings by the klipsch manual.

But if I lower 50 on volume , and 50 everything else i can max them , but i want them to do the best they really can.

Thanks for the help and sorry for such a long post

don't max the promedia volume... put the computer at the max volumes,and then turn up the promedia's. turn down the mid bass alittle, on the equalizer, 150-300Hz.

any system at the highest volume will probably distort. this is really loud when it is maxed right? why do you need more than that Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

what do you mean? so that you can make it max volume? at the max volume there will be distortion because the sats just can not handle all the bass.

the logitechs are louder, but room size and speaker placement will help loudness. if you put the speakers into corners then you can raise them 6dB

------------------

-justin

s>

quote:

Originally posted by DaveM:

Thanks for the fast replys,

Another question Justin

How much better are the 5.1 setup.

I could sell these to a friend if the others are better, (have had for 6 months now w/monster cables 3 months)

the 5.1's are louder and the bass is stronger and they don't distort as soon. they beat the logitechs.

------------------

-justin

s>