RS-62 vs RB-81 for rear surrounds

Gold Deez

Thanks. That's what I was thinking but wasn't quit sure. I am running a THX certified receiver, the RX-Z11. I'm on the hunt for a pair of black RB-81's then. I just got my SVS's a week ago and already cracked my drywall while watching Pacific Rim. Btw I noticed your from KC. I'm down in the Wichita area. Here's a quick pic of my setup. I'm rewiring all my stuff at the moment so it's a lil messy.

nice not too far from me! Hey I'll tell you what if you wanna get rid of that rt-12d let me know. I may be interested even if broken.

There's a Klipsch dealer with a repair center here in Wichita. I took my RT-12D into them once already and they said nothing was wrong with it. I brought it home and it worked for a couple days then quit working again. I'm not sure what's up with it. It cost me $50 just to have them look at it so I plan on taking it back and taking advantage of getting my moneys worth. I have 90 days to do this in. After I get it fixed I might consider selling it and going with another SVS for my 2 channel setup. I'll let you know once I get it back. It's a great sub when it's working. I wanted to go duals and finding another RT-12D I figured would be slim to none so I went with SVS. I did find another member here on the boards that has a pair of mint condition RB-81's and plan on purchasing to use for rears. I think for the way my living room is laid out I'd be better off with a direct radiating speaker. Not that it's going to make a big difference just something I've been pondering about for a long time now. I had my RC-64 mounted on a angled shelf above the window behind my tv for a few years but it was so high up it wasn't a good fit so I placed it back to it's old spot below the tv. It is angled up with the auralex. I just hate to raise the tv up more then where it's at cause it's nice to have the view out of the front window. I would like buy a house in the future with a dedicated theater room. Thanks for the replies everybody.

Personally (though this is a small room - actually about 2 or 3x too small for what I have) I have the wides turned up to +4 dB, and the rears turned up to +3 dB to compensate for that. The setup plays nice with these settings too, and the sweet spot runs through the whole available listening area instead of rear and center.