Using Cambridge Audio 751BD as Network Streamer?

Emjay

Hi

I know that there's at least 1 other user of the CA 751 on here, so I thought I'd pose this question, without really expecting to get a solution

I have a NAS with GBs of music, mostly FLAC, but also MP3, DTS/WAV files and others

I have a media player (a DXtreme DX-480) which I have been using to play media over the LAN, but it seems to have developed some issues playing music

The 751BD has WiFi/Ethernet support, and I can access YouTube (proving network connectivity) but I cannot get it to find either my NAS or my PC, both with Upnp support

Is anyone currently using their CA to play music over the LAN?

Any tips or tricks you can share?

My manual states that this is an experimental feature, but I logged a support request through the Cambridge Audio website, and they confirmed that the feature should work, but (understandably) can't support all combinations and permutations.

Thanks for any advice, and apologies if this isn't appropriate for this forum

• Like 1

I don't know what went wrong previously, but it's working now.

However, it appears that it will not play FLAC or MKV files, so is of little practical use :(

OK it turns out that my 5 year old NAS doesn't serve FLAC via UPnP, which is why it doesn't show on the 751

D'oh!

Edited by Emjay
  • Like 1

If your system is connected to a smart tv, download the samsunb Allshare.  I stream Flac and other media with Allshare.  Serviio is another option for streaming.  I am not certain about flac since I have not used it for a while.

That is good to know.  

I was under the impression it did not support FLAC files.  I could have sworn in it's early implementation, it did not support FLAC files.

I must have missed a firmware update somewhere. :unsure:

Bill

I don't know what went wrong previously, but it's working now.

That is great.

However, it appears that it will not play FLAC or MKV files, so is of little practical use   OK it turns out that my 5 year old NAS doesn't serve FLAC via UPnP, which is why it doesn't show on the 751   D'oh!

I was about to say that is does support FLAC.

Brain farts are pretty common around here. ;)  :D

Bill