KG-4s and KV-3 Versus RB-5s and RC-3. Who Wins?

Static

I have the RB-5s and RC-3, but there is a boxy/raspy/sibilant tone to voices that is bothering me. It was a problem before but with my new receiver it seems much more prominent ...

I'm thinking of swapping the RB-5s for the KG-4s and picking up a KV-3 to use as a center ... or using the KV-3 with my existing RB-5s even though I know they won't be a perfect timber match ...

I would eventually do the Bob Crites upgrades for the K series, if that makes a difference ...

Which pairing do you think would sound better for home theater and why?

All responses appreciated!

I personally like the KG 4's better than the RB-5's but both have there places and are great for what they are. The RC-3 is actually one of my favorite center speakers, especially for the size and price you can pick them up for. If you're having problems with voices though that sounds like the center speaker is what's not sounding good. It may be just a setting on the Receiver?

Thanks for responding!

Can you tell me why you prefer the KG over the RB? What was it about the sound? And are you talking modded or unmodded?

It is possible that I damaged my RC-3--I was careless and hooked up a cable without first turning off the power to my system and got a blast of static through all my speakers ... Not sure if that was when I started noticing the boxy, harsh quality to voices or not ...