ProMedia 2.1 German Edition

oco

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my ProMedia Soundsystem  :(  I have to replace the 9-pin-din plug, but there is no control pod or 9-pin plug I can find that would fit.

Do you guys know something about the 9-pin version? Maybe a wiring diagram or something like this. I also wrote Klipsch an eMail, but didn't get any answers.

I hope you can help me and sorry for my bad english.

Best regards from Germany

oco

Your English is very good.  Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the only schematic of which I know.  I see what appears to be a 9-pin to 6-pin connection.  But I'm not sure that it addresses the question. 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/118802-full-set-of-schematic-diagrams-for-promedia-21-system/?hl=schematic#entry1752639

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott

I must not have looked at the DIN on my Promedia recently, as I swear it's 9 pin.

Klipsch emails tend to take about a week or three to get back.  At least, that's my personal experience (but I might add the support I get back is always exactly what I needed.)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your answers.

Meanwhile I tried to solder the cables on a new 9 pin din connector, but that ended in a mess.

I will post a picture of the inside of the subwoofer, maybe someone can tell me where to solder the cables on.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

today I found a solution for my problem with the 9 pin din plug. A friend of me solderd all the wires on a new din plug as shown below. I hope this will help someone with the same problem.

Thank you for all your help and now I will fire up my ProMedias and listen to some really good music as loud as I can  :D

Best regards

oco

ProMedia 2.1. 9 Pin Din Plug