KV2 Center

ccdowenye

Hi all!

Long time Lurker, just made my first post today...this is number two! What a great site with tons of great info.

So having said that...I recently purchased a KV2 center speaker, in mint condition for $50. It sounds good, but not great.  For grins and giggles I contacted Mr Crites and purchased a Titanium Tweeter diaphragm, which I plan on putting in this week. He has a new crossover that I could purchase for this speaker as well.

My question to you all is.....has anyone else modded their KV2? I realize there are many centers made by Klipsch that are considered much better. But since I have it, I thought I would go ahead and "hot rod" it. Has anyone else done this and if so what are your thoughts?

All thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum! I wouldn't ever do that, unless I had the parts already on hand and was simply looking for a project. Reason: Any monies put into that would be better spent put towards the purchase of a more capable center.

Edited by Tremors

From what I have heard, the Crites titanium tweeters are the best bang for the buck. I dont think new crossovers are going to do much for you unless your stock ones are worn out. As tremoms mentioned, you are better off spending the money on a better center. If you really want to go big down the road and you can find a single KG, KLF etc. floor speaker you can take it apart, put it on its side and put a new mdf panel on the front with the tweeter in the middle of the two woofers. Here is a link to a thread in which a member posted some pics of one he did, its pretty boss:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152146-custom-kg-55-center/

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I hear you guys, there are way better centers and I will keep my eyes open for one.

I decided since I already have the Titanium tweeter, I will go ahead and install it and see how that works out and live with it for awhile. I am sure you both are right in that I won't ultimately be satisfied and will want to find a center to match my Heresys.

I will post my thoughts on the upgrade as soon as I install it.

Since I am have size and space limitations, what are your thoughts for a good center, with close to the the same dimensions? I have read good things about the KLF C5-7 and the Academy?

Thank you!!