Surround Sound Question

jbd

I am very happy with my system but think I came down with the upgrade bug!  I have the RF-52 fronts and center, however out of convenience I have quintet III sides and rears to complete my 7.1 system.  I just saw that Best Buy is having a Black Friday special on R-15M bookshelf speakers.  Would it be worth it for me to trade out my Quintets for the R-15M.  I would have to find new brackets to mount these.

• Like 1

If you're going to spend the scrap on the R-15's, you might as well keep your eyes and ears open for some good deals on your local CL and eBay for some nice RS speakers instead.  I've seen some RS-25's, and 35's go for between $100 and $200 shipped in the last week.

• Like 1

Seeing as the R-15s are only $250/pr anyway, I assume the black Friday price is dirt cheap.

Quintets are respectable little satellites, but if the sale price is no harm to your wallet, I'd say go grab a pair!

Just get one pair to use as rear surrounds and keep an eye out for RS models for your side surrounds. Di-pole surrounds work much better for the sides.

Seeing as the R-15s are only $250/pr anyway, I assume the black Friday price is dirt cheap.

Quintets are respectable little satellites, but if the sale price is no harm to your wallet, I'd say go grab a pair!

Just get one pair to use as rear surrounds and keep an eye out for RS models for your side surrounds. Di-pole surrounds work much better for the sides.

Black Friday price is $125 per pair.  Are these a good option for rear and side surrounds?

• Like 1

I wouldn't use them as side surrounds...dipole surrounds tend to work better as they're multidirectional.  The next thing is related to timbre matching...the series II reference is different from the regular reference.  It's a matter of opinion, but the RS/RB's are indeed superior to the R's.