SB 1 sub making a boom sound

psychnurse

Hi, I purchased the SB 1 sound bar and sub in August 2013. In the past three weeks approx every hour/ 2 hours the sub is making a boom sound. The boom is just a split second. I wondered if appliances might be causing this but even at home with nothing else

on it still does it.  I have turned sub off  and sound bar to restart them, but the boom continues. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I'm not sure what you are describing; what is the "boom?"  Is it during music play, or is it a boom with nothing else going on?  When you say "boom" are you describing a musical note that is too loud?

If this boom is due to a recalibration of your system, it might be the setup, but since you've had this for over a year and it is different the last three weeks, that sounds like something else, but I don't know what.

Edited by wvu80

Update:

I am now convinced it's a Samsung TV issue. I connected  in a small Sony TV to the sound bar, via optical cable. 3 hours and not one thud/boom. Within 10 mins of reconnecting Samsung 2 booms. Looks like the firmware has done something to the external speaker setup. Its the same sound if you turn an amp off and you get the bang through the speakers. I have set the TV to use TV speakers and will see how that goes. This all coincides with a Samsung firmware update 3 weeks ago.

Edited by psychnurse

I also purchased a SB1 soundbar/subwoofer in Feb 2013 and it is making weird boom/blat occasionally and does not work at all unless turned up full and then it sounds like a microphone in a windstorm.  Klipsch is telling me the warranty is only one year...where did you find documentation that it is longer...I can't get help from any one on this and I spent a lot of money!  Best Buy was the dealer but I didn't buy extended warranty cuz this should have been a quality item...HELP!  PLEASE!  I  know nothing of home theater...my son actually bought this for me...the first one was dead out of the box...this one didn't last long...is it me or Klipsch?  I am willing to try anything...can I get parts for this?  Fix it myself?  As you know it weighs a lot and shipping will cost me a fortune.

Edited by leesy