RCA CABLES

Jim

Since I am uploading all my cd's to my computer and then to an external hard drive, I'm looking to use it as my "audio hub".

I now want to get that perfect sounding system and not have to put in the time and effort that everyone else on here has done and I want it done immediately.

Those two things are not synonymous, are they?

I now want to get that perfect sounding system and not have to put in the time and effort that everyone else on here has done and I want it done immediately

All you need to do is buy everything you see, and compare them all. Taks less than a year.

Want to buy some equipment?

Unfortunately I don't have the disposable income I used to have. 4 kids, 2 dogs, house payment, office space, 2 cars, etc have taken that away. I am now having to acknowledge to myself that I have to piece together things moving forward and sell before I can really make a new purchase. A $7800.00 a month nut will do that to you. Doesn't help that I live in one of the most expensive states in the country, $11,000.00 a year in property taxes alone

Those two things are not synonymous, are they?
-  They are now, prior to joining this forum,I thought I was doing pretty well with my set ups.

Kimber PBJ and Tonik are nice sounding cables.

Did you really say they have a sound? Why should any cable have a sound?

By god it's the end of the year, haven't' you followed any of my instructions and guidance. :D

Cables should not, repeat, not  change, effect or affect the sound. They are connectors, nothing more.  Buy something a few bucks more expensive then the cheapest, just so they won't break as easily and spend you money anyplace else but on cables...

Why should a cable have sound? Because they are designed (engineered) to have certain characteristics, sorry if that is offensive to your sensibilities. It's just another tool in the toolbox. Cables are like phono cartridges, they all have their own signature. Now if you tell me phono cartridges should not "affect the sound" and they all sound the same, then I've wasted a lot of money over the years (plus the cost of cables). Keep rockin' old school Thebes, it's kinda endearing....lol.