Plan is coming together

edc

Thank You for the opinion K5SS, much appreciated. My room is pretty large while not a perfect rectangle it is about 20' x 37'. all open with one

end a dining area and the other a living room area. The screen and speakers will go on one end on a 9' wall slightly angled toward the middle of

the room. The seating areas for listening and viewing range from 10' to 16' from this angled wall. The ceiling height is mostly 10'.

Any chance of getting another opinion or two on this decision.  I see a certain elegance in moving on to a new design with the RF/RC-62's. But my Forte's have been in the family a long time.  I really want to go with whatever you think would be best without being able to listen to them both.  Thanks again for the only vote so far K5SS.        Ed

I see a certain elegance in moving on to a new design with the RF/RC-62's.

I think that's where you're stubbing your toe.  Decide if looks or sound is more important and make your decision from there.  You've had your Forte's for a long time and it's hard to imagine how something newer wouldn't be better.  The truth is that the Forte II is one of the best speakers Klipsch has ever made.  You're going to have to spend a ton of money on something to get noticeably better sound and they'll be bigger as well.  I'd wager that you would be disappointed going from a Forte to a mid level Reference speaker.  If you're dead set on Reference (nothing wrong with that as that's what I have) you'll need to go RF-7 II's and RC-64II to avoid a serious letdown IMHO.