Bass turns off on SW-350

jackle75

I purchased the SW-350 active sub a little over a year ago from Best Buy.  Now I'm having issues with the volume knob.  The bass will turn off at random during playback of pretty much anything.  I've noticed that if I turn the volume knob to max, sound would start playing.  At first, this wasn't too big of a deal as I was able to control the sound through my A/V receiver. Lately, I'm not getting any sound to come through the speaker at all.  I am able to wiggle the volume knob gently and it will begin playing, only for a moment.  

Has anyone experienced this before with the model subwoofer?  If so, what was the resolution?  This is really driving me crazy since I paid close to $400.00 for what I thought to be a good quality subwoofer.  

Thanks..... 

I wanted to provide an update on my issue.  As suggested, I changed the setting on my sub from AUTO to ON.  It's been several days now and my sub is working perfectly.  I've contacted Klipsch to order a new switch.  Not having the best of luck with their customer service.  Thanks IbizaFlame for you input, you helped to me to identify the issue and provide a solution.