Subwoofer dilemma

jwadd21

I auditioned many subs and thought the Klipsch subs were some of the worst. I wanted to like them.. Anyway, it's hard to get a good sub without spending some big bucks. REL's are some of the best but also are very costly. Most subs use bad drivers and amplifiers that have high distortion. You're best bet is to buy a kit from www.partsexpress.com. You want a 3.0 cu ft. cabinet and a Titanic driver. Don't buy a SUB AMP? I think you'll end up spending about 325.00. This is for a passive sub then you'll need a real amplifier to drive it. A Marantz monoblock or older bridgeable amp will work great. The Titanic is one of the best drivers on the market and in a different class then most of the sub drivers you'll find. Good luck

UPDATE...

I recently saw that I can get a samson 350w x 2 amp for 285 shipped instead of the marants 300w x 1 for 230 shipped. Should I go with the Samson? I have been thinking about getting dual SVS subs.

Also, I have a 25-31 coming pretty soon. Should I now get the 16-41 so I have a nice range in bass tone or should you only get two of the same kind of sub?