SVS review from a solid 2 channel guy

j-malotky

Hi All

I am finishing hooking up my new HT and with all the SVS talk lately, thought I should add my impressions.

First off I am an old 2 channel guy, so I am looking for a more flat response to go into my all Heritage HT.

I was afraid that all the power of the new Dual Ultra would make my HT sound real boomy, like those cars you kids are driving around that sound like their ready to vibrating apart. After communicating via Email to many people, I felt comfortable ordering the dual ultras for my new project.

I found the SVS Ultra to be exactly what I was looking for.Not real boomey but very musical, very accurate with solid power. A very warm extension of where the low end of my Khorns fall off. I think the reason they work so well with the Heritage line is the sound is, in my opinion, very much like a Heritage speaker. What I mean is that Heritage speakers sound very live, with a lot of detail. The SVS has the same live, detailed sound, only down deep. There slogan is bass authority That sums it up Accurate bass with authority. An excellent addition to any Klipsch HT.

I am very pleased with the performance of my SVS speakers.

JM

I could not agree with you more, j-malotky... nothing I have had before quite matches K-horns & Belle (PWK-style three-speaker stereo) like a pair of SVS Ultras driven by 500 watts apiece.

After many communications with Tom Vodhanel, I took a chance with this fledgling company and bought a pair from the first lot of Ultras ever made... and I have never been sorry!

I don't know if I was one of your influences... but I am sure glad you made the step. Congratulations on the intestinal fortitude... and may your ears long enjoy! -HornED

Congrats j-malotky,

I have had my U-2's for about a month already and I think they are the best purchase I could have made for subs. I just watched Lord of the Rings on DVD last night and I was smiling from beginning to end. (See my review elsewhere on this site) These subs are awe inspiring. The people at SVS certainly have their collective sh*t together on these units. I too was influenced by HornEd, theEars and other SVS owners on this board. I returned a brand new RSW-15 to my dealer, (Who was a little disappointed that they couldn't sell SVS to me) but they understood my decision once they heard them. They couldn't believe their ears. Good luck with your U-2's and remember to wipe that smile off your face once in awhile or people will wonder what you've been smoking.

Take care

Rick

------------------

Mains RF-7

Centre RC-7

Surrounds RS-7

Rear Centre 2 x RS-7

Sub SVS-CS Ultra x 2

Receiver Denon AVR-5803

DVD Denon 2800

T.V. Sony KP57HW40 Widescreen

Computer Pro-Media 5.1

da fish guy-how can you best describe the difference between the performance of the rsw-15 to the svs?

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

jvc s-vhs-et hi-fi stereo vcr

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv