Solved:? for you PC gurus

USNRET

Found a way into the BIOS with this USB keyboard thru the app and set everything to Optimized Default.

Not really concerned except that the CPU reading 0 makes me worry that IF it were to get hot I wouldn't be alerted.

Sure wish the manuals would address the fans IRT automated temp control.

Oh weel.

If I understand you correctly, CPU fan is working correctly, however for some reasons CPU temp reading is ZERO. CPU fan is typically PWM driven and varies the speed dependent on the temperature of the CPU. There're few OEM or after market application available to map the fan to temperature. However, if your CPU temp is showing zero the fan won't be turned on unless you map the fan speed to 50% for Zero degree C, 60% for 20C, 70% for 40C, 100% for 60C and above - this is just a bandaid !!!

So the real question is why CPU temp reading is zero. That seems like mobo, BIOS, CPU socket or CPUT issue. If I were you then remove the CPU from the socket, use a "compressed air canister" to clean the BGA socket (BGA = Ball Grid Arrray) of the CPU and reset the CPU.   

Now on the subject of CPU failure due to overtemperature: Typically CPU goes in a shutdown mode when it overheats (each CPU has it's own temp setting for overheat to shutdown), howwever, it doesn't seem that the CPU is heating up. I actually had a bad CPU where CPU would heat up above 30% load. It was replaced and new CPU runs great!

Hope this helps!

If I understand you correctly, CPU fan is working correctly, however for some reasons CPU temp reading is ZERO.

True

So the real question is why CPU temp reading is zero. That seems like mobo, BIOS, CPU socket or CPUT issue

Agreed, Newegg is replacing Motherboard. BIOS is set to defualts, no OC

Since I reset the BIOS to default (I never changed it from factory) it has been stable.

post-19886-0-71920000-1424309639_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET