Parts Express headphone bargains

DizRotus

Now that Rat Shack is all but gone, I find myself looking to Parts Express for those odd bits needed to complete a DIY project.  No more dashing out to RS on a Sunday to get alligator clips, binding posts, etc. 

A few months ago I ordered an iNuke1000dsp from PE and also bought some of these:

https://www.parts-express.com/stereo-mini-lightweight-headphones--249-128

Then at $1.00 each, I bought ten pairs.  Now they've skyrocketed to $1.50 each; still a bargain.  They're not great, but they're worth every bit of $1.50.  I stash pairs all over the house.  One at the nightstand to listen to the iPad in bed w/o disturbing the wife.  One by the Archie Bunker chair to listen to Pandora while reading the paper.  You get the idea.

Sure they're not great for critical listening, but the convenience of never being more than a few feet from a pair is tremendous.  If they get lost or broken, the loss is insignificant.  Just reach into the stash and put another pair into service.

The plastic on a pair broke, so I gave them to my Millennial son to use the cord to repair  one his his many non-working IEMs.

At $1.50/pair, I strongly recommend adding a few pair to any PE order that already qualifies for free shipping.  For the really big shooters in this  crowd, go for:

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-mini-stereo-lightweight-headphones-with-4-ft-cord--240-015

As the Brits say, "Top tip" of the day.

• Like 1

Well if they make music, hard to argue about $1.50. I think parts express and monoprice are two of the greatest places for getting parts and accessories. As far as headphones, Kmart/Sears have Nakamichi 780m headphones for $10. They certainly aren't "audiophile" quality, but I bought a pair as a backup for my Grados and keep them near my laptop. Should have went with the metallic pink color, but oh well..... >:P~

Bryant

• Like 1

They play music, but, seriously, they're more about inexpensive convenience. Being able to listen to a TED Talk in bed or listening to Pandora while reading the morning paper, all without disturbing her beauty sleep. If listening to music is the primary objective, these are not the answer.

My point is, you can't go wrong at $1.50, if added to an order so no additional shipping for the disposable headphones.