When is klipsch going to come out with wireless speakers? Preferably silver.

transhumans3g

Just a layman's guess - NEVER. I wonder if you can get the clarity/clearness/fidelity that we would want with a wireless connection, and all the noise it can introduce. Given the merciless nature of Klipsch speakers when it comes to reproducing the slightest of imperfections in the source material, I would guess (just MHO) that it would do the same with the wireless "noise."

Doug

------------------

My System

Well' since this is in the architectural section, I'm assuming your talking about in-wall or in-ceiling speakers.

Unless they're battery powered, wireless speakers are not really wireless, and if you're going through the trouble, it is alot better, cheaper, and more reliable (due to the electronics) IMHO to run speaker cable than to run AC power throught walls and ceilings than to use wireless speakers.

If you're not talking about a permanent install, well, it's still not wireless, you have to find a place to plug in all those speakers for your HT system, you still have the added reliability hit due to the electronics involved, it (RF/IR or whatever wireless technology your interested in) will always add noise and increase distortion, and I personally would rather run speaker cable than extension cords! Also, you're at the mercy of the speaker designer as to what amplifier your going to use, though there may be an advantage to tailoring the amp to the chosen drivers.

BTW, why do you want wireless speakers?

Andy W

quote:

Originally posted by transhumans3g:

When is klipsch going to come out with wireless speakers? Preferably silver.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Speaking of which, the only wireless speakers i have heard to begin with were of poor quality, but i would imagine that wireless speakers would sound terrible because the bass would be lost, and the highs would be muffled..... Like the radio. The other thing with wire less speakers is that they have to be in a certain operating range to be legal therefore cannot be placed far away fom your emmitter..... Unless you were to buid your own amp and attach that to the circuit rght before the anetnna.... i guess a couple hundred transistors or something could do the job lol.... Also I have no idea if this applies to stereo frequency's but in cell phones highfrequeny sounds have been known to change cells in the human body... not cancerous.... well not yet at least.... so I wonder if that would apply in that sense.... I doubt it but who knows...... totally off subject.....

Sounds like Bob G is all over it!

Seriosly, I've heard wireless headphones before, and because they need their own power source, there is an ever present "hiss". With the quality of products that Klipsch produces, I doubt we will see them in our lifetime.

Bob- keep working on the superconductor9.gif

With new broadband wireless technologies such as 802.11b and wifi, transmission of the audio signal is becoming less of an issue. It's the power to run the onboard amplifier that makes truly wireless hifi speakers a very difficult challenge. Now if we used a solar cell paint finish, superconductive components in the amplifier and speakers with nearly 100% efficiency...