Newbie Question about my Klipsch RP-5's

thdrought

I have a pair of RP-5's, an RC-3 and RS-3's. I love them. For the price, it's the best sound out there and I don't want to part with them.

My dilemna is that I am relocating from the US to Germany. I was measuring and weighing them for possible shippers when I noticed their only good for 120 volts. Most of my other equipment can switch between US and Euro voltages, except my RP-5's. Why's that? Is it the Amp? What can I do about it? Could I strip out the amps? But, then, how much would I expect to pay to replace them? I don't want to part with them, but, since I have only a little money, things aren't looking good. Any suggestions?

If I have to part with them, what is a good selling price for them. I was thinking a grand for the set. Retail, that's over half off. The speaker are just a little over a year old, but, look like there brand new.

Thanks,

Tom Drought

San Diego, CA

I wish. It's more like USPS'ing. Though, the weight restrictions are 70 pounds. The RP-5's are 73 lbs without any packaging. I wonder... what would be the weight of the amp? I am considering a dismantel and separate shipment for some of the components. Any new thoughts.

Tom