Bi-amping KLF 30 question.

shovelnose

Without an active electronic XO, bi-amping will send the same amount of power to the Hi's and Lo's.  The excess wattage sent to the Hi's will be wasted as heat in the passive XO.  A lot of forum members feel that passive bi-amping has no benefit.  I have tired  passive bi-amping  and gave up on it.  I tried it with 3 different amps and with an avr.

• Like 1

Those are beast-sized speakers!

According to the spec sheet those KLF-30's are rated for 200 wpc, 800 peak.  I say crank it up and have fun!  B)

http://www.klipsch.com/klf-30/details

Edit:  I just re-read your post.  What you are asking is if 200 watts will be too much for the HF/squawker because of the bi-amping.  The answer is you are good to go.

Let us know how the bi-amping works for you.  This is normally a topic of controversy, the majority opinion is that bi-amping using a normal AVR does not help the sound much, if at all.  The minority opinion is that with some speakers it may work, but others it does not help. 

I bi-amped my CF-4's and found maybe a little more clarity in the midrange, but it's subtle at best.  You really have to listen for it to hear a difference.  It was not louder at all.  In fact, you may like it NOT bi-amped because the AVR will have some reserve power so the sound will be more dynamic, especially at louder listening levels.

Edited by wvu80

Thanks! As soon as I posted this I took the bi-amping off.  Therefore I don't have an opinion whether I like it or not.Glad to know it was safe. I liked when I bi-wired... but that's another can of worms lol.

Those are beast-sized speakers!
  As opposed to CF4's? ;)