iTunes question

ryanm84

I've not moved away from iTunes yet. Still using it to load CDs and digital downloads for use on all devices.

But I've noticed several cd downloads where one or more songs appears as a separate entry. Example: some songs are but Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and other are by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. So if I want to pull an album onto my iPad I actually have two albums. What a pain. Can I get in and rename or combine the files? This actually just happened with a download and not a cd rip.

Yes it is a PITA every software program I have used Itunes, Jriver, WMP, Media Monkey all of them would do this, there are convoluted ways in itunes to fix this but I found Jriver MUCH MORE user friendly for solving this

if Memory serves you can put the ? to google and several answers will come up for the different versions of itunes

Good Luck with it

It isn't that bad unless you've got a bunch of records that were broken up like my files.

Right click on the track and click "get info".

In the track name just drop your cursor and rename as desired.

Still not sure how a download card messes up like this... But I can now fix my files.

• Like 1