Outdoor pool side speaker testing

SuBXeRo

ive been trying to get a reference point for my speaker project to get a handle on power used and output and what different speakers sound like.

I've got my two rb-5's from storage and my emotive minix from my computer and I am really impressed. It's not using a lot of juice and sound is great. The amp has a lot more love to give but will most likely never see that much. Did some listening at different point around the yard and volumes seem pretty similar all over which is a great sign. I did some wide angle testing and the monitors being closer give better imaging overall.

I think I'll keep an eye out for some rb-5's or similar.

post-37112-0-42820000-1434843172_thumb.j

I like the custom shade setup, :o  I try to do the same, all that extra heat can't possible help the speakers of electronics.  :emotion-21:

Test on..........

quality shade is always a top priority.  now just to wait for some stuff to come up on craigs

Although they sound great, I would tend to not want to use an MDF cabinet outdoors much, especially in humid areas. Maybe consider something from the pro line KPT201 (H II in battle dress), or KSB1.1 (plastic cabinets).  Or get a real beater set of RB5's and give a good coating of Duratex. 

• Like 2