Speaker stands and other furniture ???'s

joelb

I have a pair of KG1.5's for the rears of my HT system. I just moved into a new place and it doesn't have shelves like the old one. I am thinking about some speaker stands for them. Does Klipsch sell these, and does anyone know what they would cost? What heights would be suitable?

Also, anybody have any suggestions on a decent cabinet to house my components? I don't have a lot of money to spend..right now my stuff is just sitting on an old tv stand/table. It actually looks OK. I have a friend who went out and bought I think a Bello stand (paid like $600 for it) and I think that is a bit excessive. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joel

Well, I'm still on the morning coffee out here, but you might want to check out the Salamander line of racks at www.audioadvisor.com. They have some which are as low as $250, I believe.

Also, you could build a rack yourself. I did, using the following as a starting point:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html

Doug

------------------

My System

I just recently got the Gusdorf 27" TV Stand/Audio Rack from Circuit City shown below (2nd item). It's very sturdy. It's regular $150, but I got it for $99 because it was being discontinued. I'm in the process of painting the posts black. Check it out, I think it's a good buy.

Can't seem to post the link, but go to the circuit city website and do a search for "rack". It will be the second item shown.

http://www.circuitcity.com/init.jsp

This message has been edited by JMON on 08-15-2002 at 05:43 PM

Joel-

I have KG 1.2s for my rear centers (and used to have them as surrounds) until I moved my Forte IIs to surrounds. I have the rears on stands I got at Circuit City for about $50 or so. The stands are about 24-26" high, and then you add the 13" for the KG box, and it's almost perfect ear level; projects sound over the back of the sofa which is great.