RB-3 and Omni Mount

gqman10

I have just replaced my RS-3II's that were acting as my rear surround with RB-3's. Now I need a way to mount them!

Tweeters recommanded the OmniMount 30.0 WA, which I bought. My question is this requires drilling into the speaker. How bad of a thing is this? Will it void my warranties on the speakers?

I haft to have them mounting on the wall, so is there another type(or name brand) of mount that people have used the RB-3's?

Thanks for the Input

Denon 3802

RF-3II (L/R)

RC-3II (Center)

RS-3II (Surround L/R)

RB-3II (Surround Backs)

KSW-10 (Sub)

omnimount makes excellent mounts. however, drilling into the speaker, according to the warranty, would void the warranty. however. ask tweeter (they are great abou this stuff) if THEY would honor the warranty after the drilling.

even so, i would not want to drill a whole into the speaker. since tweeter is an Omnimount dealer, ask them to order you some 200 Series speaker stands. they go on the floor but cost $10 less. the only Omnimount now-a-days that does not have to be drilled into the speaker is the 240 series, but that is too much Smile.gif

if you must wall mount, check out Vogels VLB 200. It clamps onto the speaker w/o causing any physical change. Cost is still cheaper than the 30's, only $55 each.

vlb200.jpg

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Justin,

Vogel VLB 200's certainly meet the weight requirements. They support up to 44lbs and the RB-3's are only 15'bs each. However, the RB-3 has a width of 7.68" and the Vogels rear support appears to be max of 6". Would definately require mounting to a very rigid surface. Should only be a matter of determing if they provide adequate support for the RB's width and sufficient clearance for their rear porting function.

Also agree with your recommendation to check with the dealer on warranty if drilling into speaker cabinet.

------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 08-18-2002 at 07:15 AM

did not see the width, however, i don't see that as being a problem just becaues it is really the depth that matters, you can have an inch or so sticking off each side without having to worry that the speaker will topple over. as long as the width covered is larger than half the width of the speaker it should be ok. as far as enough room for the ports, it pushes out i think 2-4 inches from the wall, depending on the angle (this was like a year ago that i saw one holding a B&W speaker) so you tell me if that is enough space...

i know there is another company out there that makes a mount that goes out nearly a foot and has a 5-6" square metal base and you can buy that rubber that keeps things from moving around, anyway, that is what my friends girl friends hosue has for their speakers (yamaha) and it works pretty good. the only way for anything to fall off it would be if someone reached up and KNOCKED them down, but who would do that anyways? no little children could reach that high i don't think.

BTW< how about floor stands? That is always and option Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>