Tubes for Yaqin MC-10L Amp

Jim

Jim, I'll have to look up the tube data when I have a few free minutes.  As long as the pinouts and filament current draw is the same, it shouldn't be a problem to swap them out.  As to sound, only you can make that judgment.  Personally, I've not used any of the European/Russian types you mentioned so I can't be of any help there.  Did you find any sites which discussed using those tubes in the MC-10L?  If you do try some rolling, the bias does not have to be reset as that only affects the output tubes.

Maynard

Maynard I looked at several different sites and read a bunch of different things they've done to just changing out tubes, to redoing the schematics and tubes.

It looked as though most used the EC88, and a few the 6922, but there was one guy who had used the above mentioned and ranked all of them scaling them , using same music,etc.....

I guess my on my end I'm looking to get the best SQ out of the amp without having to change any schematics and due to my inexperience want to make sure I don't buy anything that will be a waste of money.

Everything I read online is everyone saying "as soon as I got the amp, I swapped out the Chinese tubes for Russian tubes and it made the world of a difference".

Guest thesloth
Everything I read online is everyone saying "as soon as I got the amp, I swapped out the Chinese tubes for Russian tubes and it made the world of a difference".

Well the amp has 6N1 tubes which are Chinese. The Russian equivalent is 6N1P.  thetubestore.com says the Russian 6N1P cause hum in the Yaqin amps. http://www.thetubestore.com/Tubes/6922-E88CC-Tube-Types/Russian-6N1P

The ECC88, 6922, 6DJ8 are all closer to 6N23P then the 6N1.

The closest thing we have to the 6N1 and 6N1P is probably the 6BQ7A. They seem to be cheap enough to try out.

Edited by thesloth