Reporting New RP-280F

busht4169

Glad to hear (no pun intended) the new RP-280F's are great additions to your HT. Great to know the new Reference Premiere line performs with both music & movies. The addition of the R-115SW really adds to the mix. Sounds like you just got a nice cash back offer. Time to buy some RP-140SA's !! Congrats.

Thx NISMO.  And, to break the good news, I did!!!  Ordered 4, or two pair of 140SA's.  Dolby ATMOST, here I come!!!

• Like 2

Glad to hear (no pun intended) the new RP-280F's are great additions to your HT. Great to know the new Reference Premiere line performs with both music & movies. The addition of the R-115SW really adds to the mix. Sounds like you just got a nice cash back offer. Time to buy some RP-140SA's !! Congrats.

Thx NISMO.  And, to break the good news, I did!!!  Ordered 4, or two pair of 140SA's.  Dolby ATMOST, here I come!!!

Excellent! Great timing with cash back from the new sales event. Looks like your SC-91 is 7.2 & you're getting 4 RP-140SA's (making for 9 total channels/speaker inputs).... what will you be using to power the 2nd pair of 140SA's?

My set up is similar & I use the Emotiva mini-x a100 (2ch amp) to drive my rear 140SA's. Congrats on the new DAES  (Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers) !! 

tCVi01.jpg

• Like 1

I need some room for expansion, so I orderend a Marantz MM8077 7-ch.  Thanks to my Klipsch addiction, I am adding another sub, and surround back speakers too.  I needed all the channels I could get at a decent price.  So the Marantz will power the big boys e.g. L/C/R's, and the 2 RP-160M.  The Pioneer can handle the rest easily.  Having the 7-ch will allow for much expansion in the future should I need it.  Yikes, I am so addicted to sound!!!

Excellent! Great timing with cash back from the new sales event. Looks like your SC-91 is 7.2 & you're getting 4 RP-140SA's (making for 9 total channels/speaker inputs).... what will you be using to power the 2nd pair of 140SA's?

My set up is similar & I use the Emotiva mini-x a100 (2ch amp) to drive my rear 140SA's. Congrats on the new DAES  (Dolby Atmos Enabled Speakers) !! 

tCVi01.jpg

Hey NISMO, I just received and OTA update and can now do DTS: X!!!  Woooo for firmware updates!

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome!!  Denon doesn't offer a firmware update for my 4100. Right now the only available DTS:X Blu-ray is Ex Machina. However save your money.... DTS:X is virtually nonexistent with Ex Machina. I haven't checked, but there could be a few DTS:X titles available via streaming. I've not heard of any other announced DTS:X titles as of yet.

You've had it for several weeks now... how has your Atmos set up been working in your space?

• Like 1

Awesome!!  Denon doesn't offer a firmware update for my 4100. Right now the only available DTS:X Blu-ray is Ex Machina. However save your money.... DTS:X is virtually nonexistent with Ex Machina. I haven't checked, but there could be a few DTS:X titles available via streaming. I've not heard of any other announced DTS:X titles as of yet.

You've had it for several weeks now... how has your Atmos set up been working in your space?

Working well.  We had a ton of rain here in MN, and my basement started to flood.  NO WORRIES, I called in the cavalry, and had my electronics out in 15 or fewer mins.  No damage.  Whew.  Before the 7 inches we got, working well.  Really excited about the damage though.  Insurance check is mostly covering the re-model we were going to do next spring.  So, just a jump start on our project.  

The system is crazy nice.  You were right about the dimension of it.  I can hear and 'sense' things happening in films with a clarity I have never experienced.  Love it.

I don't think the RP line was a replacement for any of the older line of speakers: I think it is an totally new line due to the new horn geometry.  Maybe Chad will chime in.

I was told on phone only when ordering my second R-115SW that the Premiere Line is replacing Reference II's.  I can not confirm this statement, because I don't know who the guy was on the other end of the phone, just that he works for Klipsch ordering, but that is what he said.  

Please take that statement with a grain of salt.  

I will say though, I have heard many an RF-7 II, and these new RP-280's have similar punch, and in my opinion only, they are far less harsh in the highs and display clarity the RF7 II's cannot.  Just opinion only.