Amp Arrival Today!

busht4169

Congrats on the new setup. I'm not familiar enough with MCACC, but Audyssey (with my Denon) was a but tricky to recognize the upward firing modules. Another note; with Audyssey calibration it did funky things with crossover for the RP-140SA's.... Jay L recommends setting the RP-140SA at 150Hhz, so double check your crossover after set up.

I'll be getting The Fifth Element & The Professional on 10/27. Since it's the first of Sony's 4K Supreme Cinema Series... I hope they have not started implementing HDCP 2.2 

If you don't already have it... Run...do not walk... to go get MAD MAX. I've already watched it 3x in the past week. The Atmos track is phenomenal, the best Atmos release to date. Intense, non-stop, powerful, LFE, immersive experience.  

I wonder if you rip it to your HDD if the software will remove a 2.2 compliance...

• Like 1

Congrats on the new setup. I'm not familiar enough with MCACC, but Audyssey (with my Denon) was a but tricky to recognize the upward firing modules. Another note; with Audyssey calibration it did funky things with crossover for the RP-140SA's.... Jay L recommends setting the RP-140SA at 150Hhz, so double check your crossover after set up.

I'll be getting The Fifth Element & The Professional on 10/27. Since it's the first of Sony's 4K Supreme Cinema Series... I hope they have not started implementing HDCP 2.2 

If you don't already have it... Run...do not walk... to go get MAD MAX. I've already watched it 3x in the past week. The Atmos track is phenomenal, the best Atmos release to date. Intense, non-stop, powerful, LFE, immersive experience.  

I wonder if you rip it to your HDD if the software will remove a 2.2 compliance...

Negative.  It is on my HDD as a .iso file.  It is direct rip and format retained as if I were playing a disc.  

• Like 1

Negative.  It is on my HDD as a .iso file.  It is direct rip and format retained as if I were playing a disc.  

What if you rip to a .mkv file? I use AnyDVD, and DVDFab for ripping all my BRs to the NAS.

What if you rip to a .mkv file? I use AnyDVD, and DVDFab for ripping all my BRs to the NAS.

Loss in quality when doing conversion.  Most don't notice, but I do.  lol.  

I select same as source... I had thought that there was no loss by doing this. I also noticed there is a new one mkv.4k.

I select same as source... I had thought that there was no loss by doing this. I also noticed there is a new one mkv.4k.

Use .mkv 4k if you can.  Plz PM me if you have any questions.  We kinda hijacked this thread even though it's mine.  We don't want to get too far off topic.

• Like 1

You are right.  I like the 150Hz setup.  I hit reference level and 150 vs 120 adds dimension without becoming harsh.  Thx for the tip.