Few weeks away from new house and theater set up

stygz

I do have to agree the PB1000 will likely not be enough. Infact I would like something alittle bigger right now. If I can get a good buy on the Klipsch R-115SW I will likely go that route after I listen to the SVS in the new house. I would guess the PB1000 would be worth around $400? It is about 6mo old and like new. I do have the wireless kit for it also but may keep that for the Klipsch. My other choice would be the SVS PB2000.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Well I got moved in and the systems set up. It has been years since a 5.1! I ran Audessey a couple times and noticed my subwoofer was set at -9.0 db. I set the volume on the back of the sub at 12 o'clock. I then reran audyssey but with the volume at 10 o'clock...netting a -2.0 db. If i understand correctly I should have between a -6.5 and 0 for results? I now just bump the volume of the sub on the Denon as needed. Looking at some of the other results, some speakers also were toned down some. Audyssey Automatically set the mains to large and x over off. I changed that to small and a 60hz xover for center and mains. I only listened to music yesterday, but today I will  try a movie. I upgraded my wifi router to a dual band and now use the 5ghz for streaming Netflix. I guess that is supposed to be a better option vs everything sharing a single band.

I will have to fine tune it more as I did my best to hold the mic in a way to not interfere as the "rocket ship" thing could not be found. It will turn up in the coming days as we unpack more stuff. I still think I will need a bigger sub. I am working with a room that is just under 3,000 cu ft But it opens up to the large kitchen (behind main seating areas) and a sitting room ( to the right of seating area). Still torn between a PB2000 and the Klipsch R115SW. The ease of trade in with SVS is so tempting and the deals that can be found on the Klipsch.....

The trade in would cost you what? Shipping plus 299$? I can't remember the price difference between the pb-1000 and pb-2000. But I would think you'd be around 3-400 to upgrade. I don't know if that would be much of a gain for the price. I'd prolly add a second pb-1000 before I went the 2000 route. Plus you'll get a discount on the second pb-1000 of 10% since you payed full price for the first one. Should anyways. Call and ask.

Seems to make the R-115SW even more appealing.

I did a short demo of Gladiator and not near enough bass. I ended up bumping the subwoofer volume to +12db (receiver) and turned up the volume to max on the back of the subwoofer just to see what it would do. Obviously no intentions to keep it this way.... This was almost enough bass to fill the area. The RF62's really can outplay the PB1000 by a long stretch. I wonder if 2 PB1000 would outplay the R-115SW?