Rear Center Question

Fordman

Im putting together a HT on a pretty tight budget,and I think I ve done a pretty decent job.Ive set up a 6.1 channel surround system with Energy Take 5.2's.I can t buy these speakers in pairs and I need the rear center.Ive checked Ebay but no luck.What else could I do.Could I use a speaker from a different company?Someone else recommended a center channel but that wont work for space reasons.I dont have a lot of money to work with and Im dying to watch LOTR,but I won t until I can see and hear it in its full glory.Thanks!!

I say buy a BUNCH of Legend 30's!!! Well this IS a Klipsch site.

In all seriousness, I used a small pair of KLH monitors in the rear, I'm talking like $25 from BB, and they did a good job back there with my old JBL system. Of course it's nothing compared to what I have now.

Do you have any friends/family that might have a small pair of speakers you could borrow to try out. Or purchase at BB or CC with the intention of returning if you don't like them. Good luck...Mike

------------------

KLF-30 - mains

KLF-10 - center channel

KLF 10's/20's - surrounds

KLF-C7 - back center

DIY dual Tempest sonosub

I had JBL's across the front, KLH in the back center, and some off brand towers for surrounds and it all sounded pretty good.

The only way to TRULY avoid sound differences would be to have 5-7 identical speakers, BUT you'll still notice a difference in sound when stuff pans around the room as usually it's getting louder/quieter on the screen. Also remember probably 75% of all the sound comes from the CC.

As long as ALL of your speakers are level matched with an SPL meter you should be happy.

------------------

KLF-30 - mains

KLF-10 - center channel

KLF 10's/20's - surrounds

KLF-C7 - back center

DIY dual Tempest sonosub