Speaker stand for RP-140SA?

QFBM

Hi all - I have the following speakers which I'll soon be setting up for 7.1.4 atmos:

Front + Height L/R - RP-280FA

Center - RP-450C

Sub - RP-115SW

Surround L/R - RA-140SA in downward configuration

Rear L/R - RP-260F

Rear Height - RA-140SA (on top of the 260s)

Due to the layout of my room, I'm able to wall mount the left surround with no problem, but the ideal placement for the right surround would be right on my sliding back door which is obviously not possible.

This lead to me exploring stand options.  Has anyone used the RP-140SA with a stand before or have any recommendations?  With the speaker only having a single mounting hole, and the grill covering the portion that would typically rest on a surface, I'm not sure how well it would work.

Edited by QFBM

Youthman has mounted a surround over a door with a special made bracket.

I'd advise getting the matching center to the atmos towers

Also do you have to have towers as rear surrounds? Just seems like a waste. Especially since you are only using little tiny 140's as surrounds and they get much more information than the surround rear channels.

Thanks.  I originally was planning for a 5.1.4 setup but due to various order problems which got resolved, I ended up with an extra pair of elevation speakers and was thinking that could be good way to integrate them, given that my AVR has another 2 channels available.

Do you think I would have a better overall experience to not use the additional pair, or switch placements with the rear towers?  I originally liked the idea to put the rear height pair on top of the rear towers, but I'm open to any better ideas.

Edit: Also are there any technical differences between the 450C and 450CA speakers?  That was another issue with my order - I ordered the CA but received the C.  Given my troubles so far I was willing to move forward with it if it's purely for the matched appearance.

Edited by QFBM

Well matched appearance yes. However one is vinyl and one is real wood. It's a night and day appearance upgrade.

And with how your doing the towers in the back would be fine. Easy to set modules on top of towers. Just a lot of money and speaker that won't get utilized very often.

Who did you order your stuff from?

• Like 1

I ordered from Klipsch direct online and my speakers shipped out from World Wide Stereo.

To add to the mess, the shipper called upon preparing the order to tell me their final RP-115SW unit had been damaged and couldn't be shipped out, and it was backordered until January.  I was however able to get a refund, though, and found another authorized retailer online with some stock available which finally just arrived 4 days after the original UPS estimated delivery.

If it's a night and day difference then perhaps I'll add one more thing to my list and look into an exchange for the center.

I ordered from Klipsch direct online and my speakers shipped out from World Wide Stereo.

To add to the mess, the shipper called upon preparing the order to tell me their final RP-115SW unit had been damaged and couldn't be shipped out, and it was backordered until January. I was however able to get a refund, though, and found another authorized retailer online with some stock available which finally just arrived 4 days after the original UPS estimated delivery.

If it's a night and day difference then perhaps I'll add one more thing to my list and look into an exchange for the center.

sounds to me like all kinds of problems with your order have happened. Maybe Klipsch needs to step up and do something to make it right. Do you already have the atmos towers and center?

Thanks derrick, it's been quite an investment of time and money and I'm hoping it'll be worth it!  I've never had a full surround setup and decided to jump in for atmos.

I'll keep the towers in the rear and try the 7.1.4 setup, and compare disabling the surrounds for 5.1.4 to see which sounds best (if perhaps disabling the surrounds would lead to more content being directed to the stronger rear towers).

I have all the speakers here in boxes as I've been preparing the room and cables for placements.  I took out a 280FA and the 450C to compare and the black and ebony finishes actually seem pretty similar, so it's not a big concern for me.  I'll contact Klipsch to see if it's possible to ship me a CA to return the C on arrival.  Otherwise as I'm getting close to finishing my setup, I don't think it's worth temporarily losing the center (and with my luck, who knows how long it would be).