Using the K-Horns for Ht combined with Reference RC-7 and RSW-12

bkyarddog

I agree with Justin, from all I hear, the Heritage and Reference series are very different.

Do a search on center channel matching. There was a lot of discussion started by HornEd (I think, appologies if I'm wrong) on the subject and all of the testing he and others did.

As to your question of them getting along, that is up to your ears. For $1700, there are Belle's, LaScalas and Heresy's on ebay. If you can fit them, either Belle's or LaScalas for rears, if not Heresy's. Any of those will also work for center channels if they fit. I have K-horns, LaScalas and Synergy series and there is a sound difference. I have shut off the Synergy SF-2's that I have for the front center, and am using the K-horns as both front and phantom center. They sound great. I hope I have not confused you.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), SF'2's (center), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>