Reference Premiere - DSD 256

busht4169

Oh my goodness.  So, I decided to see what's up with the DSD formats.  Using my newer Reference Premiere 280's and the DSD 128 format, I discovered that digital sound is really making strides!  Now, my SC-91 Elite Receiver is capable of decoding DSD 256, however, I must research to see if it can do DXD. 

I understand high bit-rate does not necessarily = better sound.  But, I am a vinyl listener too.  And this DSD format is as close as I have come to true analog fidelity thus far.

Using Beethoven's Symphony #5, I felt as though I was at the performance.  And this was 2-channel listening.  Oh my!  I can't wait to test multi-channel.  We shall see!

Praise be to Klipsch for excellent quality sound!

• Like 3

Have you compared it to PCM?  I really need to try some SACD concerts.

Not yet.  Very new to the sound format.  It is on my current list of stuff to try, that and Multi-Channel DXD which I just found out my Elite can decode.  Luckily the Sabre DAC is good in the Elite, so I can try these things.  My old Denon would have died trying.  I will respond with feedback on PCM when I try later tonight.