Subwoofer tweaks??

edster00

I bought a new sub for my HT (Sunfire Signature) this is one serious sub!

We watched "We Were Soldiers" tonight, a great flick to work out a subwoofer. I am looking forward to watching "Das Boot" and "U-571" again.

Anyone have any tweaks for subwoofers? My first problem...the thing "walked" all over the place (carpeted HT room). Should I be looking for spikes or something to hold this beast in place?

I am also thinking about getting a piece of granite or marble to set on top of the sub to weight it down a bit...any opinions?

Thanks for any advice

edster,

Congratulations,the Sunfire Sig. will serve you well.Its a HT subsonic beast.

If there are any tweaks for the Signature there is one above all that will bring the best out of the Sunfire and any true compact(Velodyne HGS,SPL)sub.

Your weight on top of the SIgnature is a great start,what I did is use security stickers under the sub(total of 12)as shown below

S---S---S

-S-----S-

S-------S

-S-----S-

S---S---S

This "glues" the Sunfire to the floor and adds to the subhuman shake factor. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I sure do like my Signature. I think you will hear that it does a fine job with Klipschorns. I keep my setting around 45Hz. With music I find myself turning down the volume a bit. Then back up some for movies. Some bass heavy music down a little more with the volume. This sub will surprise you with it's out put and how seemless it can be with Klipschorns.

Mine doesn't move around at all. I have the four smaller stick on rubber feet on it. Sunfire also supplied four taller feet that I didn't have to use.

Give it time to sink into the carpet. Then it shouldn't move around any more.

This sub is so nice sounding that you never know that it's on untill you turn it off. This can also cause you to set it's volume too loud compared to your other speakers. It takes a little fooling around to get it right. When you think you have it right turn off your other speakers and just listen to the sub. Then you will hear, find , and can fix all the things in the room that are vibrating and making noise.

Q.

------------------

Q-Man