New to klipsch and the forum, Thx ultra 2 questions.

dan1210

Hi Guys,

Im new to klipsch speakers and the forum.

Currently i am building my new house in which i have a dedicated cinema room, the room is actually a way off yet but i have started to collect my kit.

The dimensions for the room are as follows 6.5m deep x 4m wide with a 9ft ceiling.

I tried a few speakers before i settled on the klipsch thx kl650, i thought the klipsch projected the sound very well and could hit the volume im hoping to achieve.

My question mainly is for anyone that has had the pleasure of listening to the ks525 thx wdst, originally i had purchased 4 of the thx in wall kl7800, but i actually returned these as they sounded far brighter than the kl650, no matter what i tried i couldnt get a satisfactory sound from them, they played very loud but just came across harsh with everything except some compressed music recordings i had.

Im hoping to snag another pair of the kl650 for my rears but was hoping to get some ks525 for my sides, can anyone comment on their sound? i dont have any dealers near me and would have to suffer shipping for returns, in the uk klipsch is not so popular.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by dan1210

I owned the thx ultra set a couple years back. I didn't find any of the set bright at all. Some of the most neutral speakers I owned from Klipsch. I didn't own in walls. So I can't comment on the 7800. But the 525's are very nice for side speakers. There are some kl-650's for sale here in the garage sale section. The thx are nice speakers. Get you a nice 200 watt per channel amp to get the most from them. They are by far the most power hungry Klipsch I owned.

And welcome to the forum. Stick around lots of good guys.

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

@scrappydue, i do not find the kl650 bright at all, personally i think they sound great.

@derrickdj1, i had the 7800 over a weekend, although i was using them to demo as lcr they were not anchored in a wall, just sounded quite uncomfortable with most material i tried especially some bluray movies, maybe they sound better when wall mounted.

The wall will act as a normal speaker box. in open air, it would be like having normal drivers out of the speaker, the treble will be higher and the bass lower. Not balanced.

But the 7800 is an enclosed box, the wall may improve low end but by how much.

Edited by dan1210