WHICH SUB for BELLES?

RayCanales

I have been hearing everything about SUBS and have concluded that my Velodyne Sucks.

which sub is the best to match with a set of Belles short of building a Khorn Lower cabinet.

M&K 350THX

SVS Ultra 20-39

Revel B15

Parts Express Titanic Kit

I am looking for punch and lows Lows LOWS.

------------------

Current System

Panasonic TH-50PHD3U plasma tv

B&K REF 3220

B&R ST 1400II

Adcom GTP830

JVC XV-SA600BK

Klipsch Belles

Klipsch KLFC7

Klipsch RB5

Velodyne HGS12

Ah HA and again monster bass EAR shows up!

First as "musical" as the M&K 350THX is its not going to play loud and very low.Yes it has superb and violent slam but deep abyss power...NO.

Now the mighty SVS Ultra,king of the deep sea and good slam.Be sure to use at least the Samson 1000.

Waterheater from hell,this baby can dig low and with ease.

Revel B15,ah HA this subwoofer pounds like a 500lbs gorilla and plays quite deep(second to the HGS18 and SVS Ultra in deep bass prowess).But what slam,HA it nails and slams.Plus with this sub you get the very best crossover found on ANY sub I heard or tried at home.And looks mighty good too!Its looks and PERFORMANCE,did I say SLAM?Well SLAM

Parts Express...uh did not experiment with kits in a few years so I cant say much.Probably very well rounded but,I really dont know.

Ah just get the contenders in the ring and let the winner take all.I would go with teh B15,anyone who heard and has this sub holds this beast in very high regard.Next the SVS Ultra,more deep and less slam,sorry side by side in my room the B15 is the slam master deluxe.Its just like that Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Well most here only know how to shout SVS and Klipsch,some may even be capable of DIY chimney subs!

cwm27.gif

Revel B15 retails for 3 grand so you should find one around 2.5K and under,unless the dealer is a real b...(you know what) and will not sell for less.

Go to the Revel website

http://www.revelspeakers.com/

and check this page

http://www.madrigal.com/dlr_search.html

enter your adress and click click...voila your local dealer should apear unless you live in a van down by the river. Wink.gif Like me LOL

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Hey Ear,

How did you know I was wondering how to build a horn loaded sub into my unused fireplace and chimney?

Actually, it's not big enough, but I was thinking about it.

I am also thinking about building up something along the lines of a Bag End, but using more drivers to get the SPL up to match my K-horns.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), SF'2's (center), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds), RC-3 Rear Center, KSW-10 Subs (pair)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>