RSW 15 not working in music mode?

klipguy

I know with my Harman Kardon, it has many memories, like for DVD, CD, VCR, AM/FM, etc etc. You might want to make sure when you select the AM/FM selection, that the speakers are set right, like how you have them set in the movie mode. Make sure the subwoofer is "on" or whatever your receiver says, the fronts set to small or large, center set to whatever, rears, etc etc. That's probably the problem. If that's not it, I would consult the store where you bought it or email Pioneer about it. Probably just the settings wrong.

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

Polk Audio PSW650 subc>

Harman Kardon AVR-125c>

Mitsubishi 60" Big Screen VS-60609c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

Sony VCR SLV-N77c>

What size are your speaker set too? Are your mains set to large? If so then you need to either set them to small or set the bass frequency to go to both the mains and sub. Your reciever should be able to make both adjustments and you can see which one you like best.

------------------

Klipsch RF-3II

Klipsch RC-3II

Jamo in wall surrounds

Paradigm PW-2200 sub

Sony Playstation II

Yamaha RX-V630

Rotel RMB-1066

Yamaha DVD carosel

RCA Hi-Fi VCR (hardly used anymore)

Sony Trinitron 36"

thanks guys setting the speakers to small did the trick..my sub works with music now .... 1 question , whats the diffrence in setting them to small? i have KSP 400 mains and KSP S-6 for rears i always thought they were big enough to put to LARGE ? what gives?

Klipguy - Isn't bass management fun??

Yes, your KSP-400s are certainly capable of going low. If you want them to play low AND your sub to play, you probably need to set something in the receiver like "Mains & Sub". Otherwise, the only way your sub will see any action on 2-channel material (like your CDs) will be if you have the mains set to small.

The reason for this is that when your mains are set to large, all frequencies will be sent to them, except for what is contained in the .1 channel of DD/DTS DVDs (and what is below 80hz in your "small" center/surround channels). Since CDs have no surround/center/.1 channels, and your mains were sent to large, there was no content sent to the sub. By setting the mains to small, anything below your receiver's cutoff point (probably 80hz) would be sent to your sub, including bass from 2-channel CDs.

You may want to play with the various settings to find the best mix. Sometimes if you have bass going to both the sub and the mains, and the mains are beefy enough to handle lows, you get weird interactions between the sub and the mains that can actually diminish bass or cause spikes or boominess. It all depends...

Doug

------------------

My System