Marantz PM 6005/6004 vs Onkyo Tx-NR807 for Stereo

MrJapan

Hy there,

I own for some time now, a pair of RF 62IIs, RC 52II and a pair of new RP-250S. I Also have some old 80s B&W monitors as front wides. My AVR is Onkyo Tx-NR807, but I am thinking of upgrading to Marantz SR6010 soon. I will also need an external amp for 9 amplified channels in the same arrangement plus 2 Klipsch Atmos enabled speakers.

I was thinking how this largely praised amp, PM6004 or newer PM6005 are doing compared with SR6010 and my NR807 in stereo mode?

In subsidiary, should i use SR6010 for amping fronts and ext amp like pm6004 or something else for atmos enabled sp or surrounds?

Thanks 

Welcome MrJapan, Those are some nice speakers you have there.  I couldn't honestly answer your question, as I do not own either of those(only heard).  I will recommend you to ask a moderator to move your thread over to the Home Theater section.  That way you get more knowledgeable folks over there, who will be able to answer your question.  Stick around and post often, also we like pictures so feel free to post them.

Ok I see nobody knows about them. Let me ask you something else. I have klipsch rf 62ii rc 52ii and rp 250s. I found some rb-10 that i want to use as front heights. Will those match my reference speakers for object bases systems?

I owned several generations of ONKYO receivers but eventually I had issues with all of them.  HDMI audio in stopped working on one.  Rear speakers stopped working on another. I switched to Yamaha Aventage and had no further problems. Salesmen in my local BestBuy Magnolia room confirm similar ONKYO stories.  i don't have an opinion on Yamaha versus Marantz and can only suggest you look at the specs carefully to make sure that the particular unit has all the channels you'll need as what is included at a particular price point can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.