KSW 12 with JBL studio series

Emerging Audiophile

Hey all,

I just upgraded my home theater system to a Yamaha/JBL studio series set up from an older Klipsch synergy series/Onkyo setup. I currently have two S312's for the fronts, S36's for the rears, an S120 for the lower frequencies, and two studio centers for the center, and rear center channels. I have a Yamaha HTR-5560 for my receiver. My problem is I still have a KSW-12 that I'm not sure what to do with, considering it is not voice matched with the rest of my setup. What do you experts think I should do with the extra KSW-12, use it or sell it? It only has about 6 months of use on it so if I were to sell it, about how much could I expect to receive?

Thanks guys,

R.J.

R.J. asked:

What do you experts think I should do with the extra KSW-12, use it or sell it? It only has about 6 months of use on it so if I were to sell it, about how much could I expect to receive?

I would say just hook it up and try it out in your new system and see how it sounds. If you don't like it, unload it, otherwise, keep it. For subwoofers, voice matching is not an issue unlike with your other speakers. I have two non-Klipsch subwoofers in my system and they sound great with it Reference 7s. If you do try to sell the KSW-12, especially being that new, you might be able to get around $200-$300 or maybe even $400 for it. Brand new, they retail for $499 MSRP.

You could also give it to JasN00b if you like then charge him $350 for the shipping and handling Smile.gif.

As to your new system, I have listened to the JBL S312II speakers w/ the S120 subwoofer. I found them to have a nice sound to them. Granted, I'll still stick with my RF-7s, though, but for the price I think you got yourself a very nice system and I hope you'll enjoy it. At least it isn't Bose Smile.gif.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)