RSW 10 Model Year Difference?

Irison ray

Long time Klipsch fan and first time sub owner...

My question is, are there any differences (manufacture year) in the authentic klipsch inspection lables that are applied to the backs of the speaker/subwoofer cabinets?

I recently purchased RF5's, RC3 and RSW10 via online merchant. The speakers and subwoofer sounded great,but the subwoofer had a screw on the back that appeared to have been stripped and was broken off. The klipsch inspection label on the back matched those of the speakers (Serial#, and inpected by all printed on the label).

Called merchant and returned for replacement, no problems. Received new RSW10 today, and noticed that the Klipsch inspection label was not the same as the previous one. This one looked like the other but was smaller and did not have the Serial#, and inpected by printed on the label. The label was smaller and had a separate Serial# sticker (silver) placed at top of this label. No inspected by information at all.

Thus the question of model year of manufacture or an issue of product authenticity.

Any information on this matter appreciated.

Thx

------------------

ir

IR - You can call Klipsch, if you'd like, and have them check the serial number to see if it's legit (1-800-KLIPSCH). Sometimes (and I'm not saying this is the case in your situation), a gray-market merchant will apply their own serial numbers to mask the source of the equipment.

There are no on-line merchants authorized by Klipsch except for Ubid. Some of the non-authorized merchants may get their gear from authorized dealers who overbuy to get a better discount or have to liquidate inventory quickly for business reasons.

Doug

------------------

My System

I would call Klipsch,Doug is right.All Klipsch speakers and subwoofers sould be inspected before being packed and shipped.

Call Klipsch to verify if the sub is covered by full Klipsch warranty.Just to make sure and for peace of mind.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

Call Klipsch to verify if the sub is covered by full Klipsch warranty.Just to make sure and for peace of mind.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

it will not be warranted by klipsch. i know of no online dealers that are authorized to sell reference or synergy or heritage products and the buyer gets the klipsch warranty.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Justin, for nit-picking me bloody english in the other post, you should have typed:

I know of no online dealers that are authorized to sell Reference, Synergy or Heritage products and the buyer gets the Klipsch warranty.

Whats the part after "and" mean? The buyer doesn't get the warranty?

Just doing my best to be a pest!!! Smile.gif

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

Thx to all of the replies to my questions...

I called Klipsch this morning and confirmed the full inspection label treatment to include inspection signature, serial# and product/model info. The tech I spoke with said he doubts that their equip.is being counterfieted/reproduced.

Anyway, I have notified the merchant and will send the sub back for a refund.

I will purchase my sub elsewhere.

------------------

ir

GEAR:

Yamaha AV HTR5460

Yamaha CD Burner

Yamaha CDC 735

Denon DR-M12HX Tape Deck

Panasonic DVD-RV32

Klipsch RF-5's

Klipsch RC-3

Klipsch Heresy II's

Klipsch RSW 10

MIT cables

I purchased my RSW-10 from an authorized dealer - The Good Guys. It does not have such a label either. The serial number is only on the packaging box on a white label with bar code. I emailed Klipsch support and waiting for reply.

Vladi

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Subwoofer: RSW-10

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

TV: Sony Wega KV-36FV27

Phoned Klipsch customer service - I should cut out the white label from the carton and keep it. The sub does not have a serial number on it.

Vladi

------------------

Front: RF-3 II

Center: RC-3 II

Surround: 2 Quintets

Subwoofer: RSW-10

Receiver: Sony STR-DA5ES

TV: Sony Wega KV-36FV27