IR Input port on the back of an AVR

Finding out how to do this is eluding me. I have Dave's (wvu80) Sherbourn AVR, and the front infra red sensor isn't working. The remote is fine.  There is hope... The back of the AVR has those minijack sized IR Input and IR Output ports. I think to make them work, there would need to be an extender with a terminal block, and then a stereo minijack going from that block into the IR Input port. I know Dave doesn't want to spend the money on education, so I thought I would ask all you. 

Is this right?:

[iR sensor]-----> [terminal block] <-------stereo male to male jack-------> [iR Input on Sherbourn]

edit: This http://www.amazon.com/Hidden-IR-Repeater-System-Install/dp/B005P14NU2/ref=sr_1_19?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1459995094&sr=1-19&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin%3A2889592011%2Cp_72%3A1248879011 with a stereo male to male patch cord into the Sherbourn IR Input.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Hey Craig,  I found an IR cable with an 1/8th inch jack.  If it's OK I'll drop by the Klipsch Speaker Ranch later today before 5p.  Is there a better time?  I don't want to keep you late like I did last time.